Honeywell semolina is a brand of semolina, which is a type of coarse flour made from durum wheat. Semolina is often used to make pasta, couscous, porridge, and desserts.
Honeywell semolina has some distinctive features that make it different from other semolina brands.
- It is superfine in nature and creamier in color, giving it a good look and feel.
- It turns into a jelly paste quickly during preparation, making it easy to cook.
- It absorbs more water than other brands and gives higher yield, which is important for large families and food vendors.
- It molds very well in the hand, comparable or even better than pounded yam, a traditional Nigerian dish made from yam flour.
- It has a unique, pleasant taste and aroma, making it enjoyable to eat.
- It retains its freshness, firmness, and consistency for longer after preparation, making it suitable for storing and serving later.
Honeywell semolina is popular in Nigeria and some other African countries, where it is often eaten with soups or stews made from vegetables, meat, fish, or beans.